Updated: February 28th, 2023 Great River Rapport, as a subdivision of the St. Lawrence River Institute of Environmental Sciences (“River Institute”), is subject to follow all River Institute policies and procedures.
What We Collect
How We Use Information About You
We use information about you to:
- Research and develop new services;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers and events that we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trend usage and activities in relation with our Services;
- Provide, maintain and improve the Services;
- Send you notices, updates, invoices and other support and administrative messages.
How Information About You Is Shared
When you use the Services, some information may be shared with the public. As an example:
- When you submit a comment on a web-poll or online form, other members of the public or visitors to the page will be able to see that comment, and the user associated with the comment unless the poll and/or form is filled out anonymously.
- When you send information via a web-form, the intended recipient of the message will be able to see the content of the form, your name, date and time of submission.
- On certain areas of our Services we offer social sharing features that let you share the content or action you take on our Services with other media. Your use of these features enables the sharing of certain information. Depending on the settings you’ve established with the third party, your friends or members of the public may be able to see the shared content. For more information on how the third party collects and uses this shared information, please refer to their respective privacy policies. (e.g.: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram)
Other than the situations above, we do not share, sell or give away your personal information to third parties unless one of the following circumstances occurs:
- To comply with the law. We may share information in response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including, but not limited to, meeting national security or law enforcement requirements. To the extent the law allows it, we will attempt to provide you with prior notice before disclosing your information in response to such a request.
- In an emergency. We may share information if we believe that it is necessary to prevent imminent and serious bodily harm to a person.
- To enforce our policies. We may share information is we believe your actions are inconsistent with our policies or to protect the rights, property, and safety of ourselves and others.
- With your consent. We may share information about you with your consent or at your discretion.
- Aggregated or de-identified. We may share information about you that has been aggregated or anonymized such that it cannot reasonably be used to identify you. For example, we may show the total number of times a post has been shared without identifying who the visitors were.
We may use third party analytics providers (such as Google Analytics) to collect and summarize information on traffic and usage of our Services.